Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Blog Topic

I will be writing my blogs on the topic of cell phones, possibly focusing on iPhones in particular. I am choosing this technology because I, myself, am an avid iPhone user. I feel that society has gone a long way from the use of pagers and transitioned to the use of cell phones. We’ve gone from non-color screens to color screens, from phones without cameras to ones that have video-recording capability, from touch-screens to smart-phones with applications. EVERYONE seems to own some sort of cell phone nowadays, from kids as young as elementary and middle schoolers to the elderly. We, as a society, have become dependent on having a cell phone with us throughout our day as well as have it accompany us when we do our daily tasks. For these reasons, I find the topic of cell phones to be of much interest.

3 comments:

  1. I find your topic very interesting. It is definitely true that the technology of cell phones have greatly evolved, as well as its size. I use my phone for pretty much everything and I cannot even imagine living in a world without it. It would be interesting if there could be a day where no one would use their cell phones. However, I'm pretty sure that in this day and age no one would agree to it as it is heavily relied on to do so many different tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely find your topic very interesting because like you, I am also an iPhone user. I have to admit that I am a phone fanatic. Before the iPhone I went through phones like crazy and buying them at unlocked prices because they looked cool. I have finally calmed down but I tend to follow a website: gsmarena.com that has a lot of information about upcoming gsm phones. I remember when the "in" phone used to be nokia's who were small and had black and white screens vs. the iPhone which is a touchscreen smartphone/PDA that can do almost anything on it due to apps. The famous app quote, "There is an app for that" is true in that there is not much that there isn't an app for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your topic because I do understand our dependence on phones and I am very interested in how popular the iphone has become. Being a simple and somewhat frugal type of person, I have never had an iphone yet I do recognize the importance of these phones because technology has evolved to the point where phones can facilitate daily activities and application customize phones to meet different needs and wants for different lifestyles and different people. With my blackberry I can't help but feel kind of boring because I did not customize my phone and I do not use it very much compared to most of my friends. That one advertisement where Mac is compared to PC pops in my head, which illustrates just how effective apple is as a very successful company in a forever evolving industry.

    ReplyDelete